Recently I bought this car and assembled it and I wanted to install wireless camera on top of that but I didn’t have wireless camera. I read in lifehacker that IP Webcam turns your Android phone into a wireless camera. So, the general solution would need two parts, one to broadcast the data from the device and another part to read this data into Matlab.
- Install IP Webcam app from your mobile play store.
- Open the app, tweak the settings (login/pass, resolution, image quality), set the desired resolution (will impact the speed!)
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on ‘Start Server’
- In the camera preview window, you can see the url at the bottom of the screen.
- Open MATLAB and use below code to obtain a live preview window. Note that this uses JPG files for discrete frames, which is probably not the fastest way. The app can stream the video and/or audio in multiple ways.